We are huge yoghurt lovers, so I jumped at the opportunity to review EasiYo Starter Pack and share our thoughts with you.
Both my daughters love helping out in the kitchen and were super excited to make our own homemade yoghurt. Nothing complicated, just using the EasiYo yoghurt maker and sachets of yoghurt mix.
NO artificial colours, flavours or preservatives.
Simply mix an EasiYo yoghurt sachet with room temperature (15–20◦C) water and place in the EasiYo Yogurt Maker. After just 8 hours (or overnight) you will have created 1kg of delicious thick and creamy yoghurt! DONE!
Not only EasiYo contains no artificial ingredients, gums or thickeners but it is also gluten-free and vegetarian, and is a source of protein and calcium (helps maintain normal bones).
There are lots of varieties to choose from including Greek Style Natural Yogurt, perfect for using with recipes, firm favourites like Strawberry and six NEW Greek Style flavours launched this Spring.
After having fun while making our homemade EasiYo Yogurt, we decided to try one of their recipes. As we are pasta lovers, it was an easy choice.
Creamy Pasta with Yogurt, Bacon and Peas
- 500g dried pasta
- 200g frozen peas
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 6 slices thick cut bacon (sliced into 1 cm pieces)
- 250ml EasiYo Unsweetened Greek Style yoghurt
- 150g Parmesan cheese (grated)
- Parmesan cheese (grated) for serving
- Juice of one lemon
- Salt and ground pepper to taste
- Olive oil
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil. Add pasta. Cook until just BEFORE pasta is al dente.
- Add the frozen peas and continue cooking until the pasta is “al dente”.
- Drain pasta and peas, and stir through some olive oil.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat then add bacon pieces and cook, stirring occasionally until the bacon is crisp and the fat is released.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the drained pasta and peas.
- Add the EasiYo Greek yoghurt and parmesan. Toss well.
- Season with salt/pepper to taste. Squeeze the lemon over the pasta and serve sprinkled with parmesan cheese.
Cannot wait to be making many more yummy recipes using our EasiYo maker. We loved our pasta meal and also having the yoghurt with some fresh fruit and nuts for breakfast. So yummy & healthy!
EasiYo has also offered one of their Starter Packs to one of my lovely readers. If you would like to enter, head over to my Instagram.
UK & Ireland 18+ entries only!