Not long ago I decided it was time to run another marathon. I did the London Marathon in 2011, and the Prague Marathon in 2014. This time I have signed up for the Paris Marathon as I adore this romantic city, and am slowly getting organised as I do not want to leave booking our hotel and everything till the very last minute. That’s daddy’s style!
Usually when we visit Paris we take the Eurostar train, but I miss getting a ferry and would also love my girls to experience being on aÃ‚Â ferry to France.
I will never forget the first time I took a ferry when I was just 15 years old and went on a school language trip to London. We travelled by coach all the way from the Czech Republic, and everybody was super excited about getting off the coach and exploring the ferry.
The sea was calm and watching the white coast of Dover was unforgettable. Cannot believe it was more than 25 years ago!
What can you do on board these days?
1. Enjoy the sea views while sipping on a drink or enjoying a meal at one of the restaurants. If the weather is nice why not to explore the ship and spend some time on the outside deck?
2. Kids can have a lovely time at the kid’s club while you enjoy some shopping and make the use of their current discounts and special offers. It’s open for 5-11 year old children. There is something for everyone, from arts and crafts to face painting, puzzles and games. They also offer special kids meals as well as Heinz baby food for your little ones.
3. If you need to catch up on your e-mails or your favourite blogs there is wifi too. You get first 30 mins for free!
4. You can upgrade to the club lounge and enjoy a bit of luxury, and start your holiday in a big style! It’s not that expensive and sounds very promising.
5. If you are worried about leaving your pet at home, there is no need for that. Dogs, cats or ferrets are allowed with their pet passports, as long as they meet all the EU requirements. Your pet will have to stay in your car, but they should enjoy the free pet travel pack which should make the journey as enjoyable for them as possible.
Anyway, taking our car should be a great plus when in Paris and maybe we will even squeeze in a visit to Disneyland. Girls would love it. We have never been as Olivia has only just turned 3 years, and I have heard that there are many rides she would not be able to get on. On the other hand it’s also not fair to Isabelle who is 8 and has been asking for ages.
One thing I need to remember is to buyÃ‚Â some seasick tablets for Isabelle as when we were on a pirate ship in Crete a few weeks ago, she was really struggling. Any recommendations?
“In association with P & O Ferries”