In less than 3 weeks we will be celebrating theÃ‚Â World Baking DayÃ‚Â again,Ã‚Â and this year I have decided to make sure I take part and spend some time baking for my darling husband.
I will hopefully be getting both girls involved too, so should be lots of fun and cannot wait to see daddy’s face once he tastes his favouriteÃ‚Â traditional Czech Vanilla Crescents. They are so special we only make them at Xmas, so I am sure he will be delighted even more.
Just in time to celebrate the World Baking DayÃ‚Â Stork created The WorldÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Happiest Cake with a focus on the delicious combination and mood-elevating qualities of the key ingredients.
Coconut, Mango and Lime Cake
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour 10 minutes
You will need:
225g Stork block
325g caster sugar
4 eggs, medium
250g self-raising flour
100g plain flour
Zest of 2 limes
50g dried mango, finely chopped 50g flaked almonds
50g desiccated coconut
Juice of 2 limes
60g caster sugar
55g (2 oz) Stork tub
175g icing sugar
1-2 teaspoons milk
100g mango puree (fresh or tinned) Topping
100g icing sugar, sieved
25g each of shredded or desiccated coconut and dried mango
Ã¯Â¿Â¼Ã¯Â¿Â¼Ã¯Â¿Â¼Ã¯Â¿Â¼Ã¯Â¿Â¼Ã¯Â¿Â¼Ã¯Â¿Â¼15g flaked almonds, toasted
1. To make the cake, place Stork and sugar in a mixing bowl and beat until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time and fold in remaining ingredients
2. Place the mixture in a greased and bottom lined 23cm deep cake tin
3. Bake on the middle shelf of a preheated moderate oven 170Ã‚Â° C, 160Ã‚Â° C fan oven, Gas mark 4 for 1 hour 10 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean
4. Turn out and cool on a wire tray
5. For the syrup place sugar and lime juice in a pan over moderate heat and stir until sugar has dissolved. Bring to the boil and then pour over warm cake
6. Filling: place Stork, sugar and milk together in a bowl and beat together until smooth. Split cake into 3 and sandwich together with icing and mango puree
7. To finish the cake, make a glace icing by adding either lime juice or water to the icing sugar until a thick pouring consistency and spread over the cake. Top with a mix of seeds, mango, coconut and almonds.
I will be baking our family favourite Check Vanilla Crescents cookies, and will be sharing the recipe and some photosÃ‚Â on the 17th May, so stay tuned!
Why don’t you join me and bake a cake for your loved one too? Who would you be baking for?
Post sponsored by Stork