Last night I attended the fabulous 2014 Product of the Year Awards at an absolutely stunning venue, number 8 Northumberland Avenue near Trafalgar Square. This was the second time I was at this venue, and I loved coming back as the atmosphere is so stylish and very unique.
I was so busy on that day. As it usually happens, so many things had to be happening that day when I wanted to get ready for these “red carpet” awards. In the morning I had a few people looking at our house as we are selling it, and then had to cook lunch and soon after that I had to rush to Isabelle’s school to attend “reading meeting fro parents”, which was supposed to help us understand how to help them read better. At the end, the meeting was maybe useful to some, but definitely not to year 2 parents as we agreed with my friends, so I was a bit disappointed as I could have done with the extra hour yesterday. Anyway, then I realized I had to take Isabelle to her piano lesson, and there was no way I would have managed all that without my fabulous mum. Luckily it was snot raining and she walked with her and Olivia in her buggy to the music school which is not that far. That gave me a bit of extra time to get dressed, put some evening make-0up on and rush to the train station.
I had another task, I had to buy some high heel shoes for the evening as I had a voucher that is expiring next week, and I could not see myself coming back to Oxford Street just because of that. The good news is that I found a gorgeous pair which I wore that evening, and felt great.
Anyway, you might remember me blogging about these awards back in September when I was part of the jury, and I could not wait to see who all the winners were. The large conference room was filled with so many excited people who all wanted to win.
Alexander Armstrong was making sure there was loads of laughing involved.
I am happy to reveal that the following were all the winners voted by public and received the 2014 Product of the year Awards.
Full list of 2014 Product of the Year winners across 44 categories:
- Drink: Tropicana Trop 50 [PepsiCo]
- Snack Bar: Tracker White Chocolate Chip [Mars Chocolate UK Ltd]
- Spread: Benecol Spread Range [Johnson and Johnson]
- Facial Skincare: Nivea Q10 Plus Anti-Wrinkle Energising Day Cream [Beiersdorf UK Ltd]
- Beauty Treatment: Eurerin Even Brighter Spot Corrector [Beiersdorf UK Ltd]
- Food: Asda Butchers Selection Pulled Pork [Asda Stores Ltd]
- Convenience Meal: Dolmio Lasagne Kits [Mars Food UK]
- Bagged Snack: Phileas Fogg Taste Experiences from Around the World [KP Snacks]
- Gravy/Stock: Knorr Gravy Pot [Unilever]
- Coffee: Nescafé Azera [Nestlé]
- Kids Dessert: Müller Kids Corner Lots of Love [Müller Dairy UK Ltd]
- Healthy Yogurt: Müllerlight Turkish Delight Sprinkled with Dark Chocolate [Müller Dairy UK Ltd]
- Luxury Yogurt: Müller de Luxe Corner [Müller Dairy UK Ltd]
- Dessert: Ski Mousse Strawberry [Lactalis Nestlé Chilled Dairy]
- Ice Cream: Mars Mini Ice Cream [Mars Chocolate UK Ltd]
- Chocolate: Maltesers Teasers [Mars Chocolate UK Ltd]
- Seasonal Confectionery: Merryteaser from Maltesers [Mars Chocolate UK Ltd]
- Drinks System: Nescafé Dolce Gusto Mini Me Pod Coffee Machine [Nestlé]
- Cheese: Leerdammer Toastie [Bel UK Ltd]
- Breakfast Biscuit: Quaker Oat So Simple Breakfast Biscuits [PepsiCo]
- Feminine Care: Always Infinity Pads [Procter & Gamble]
- Household Paper: Andrex Quilts [Kimberly-Clark]
- Oral Care: Listerine Advanced Defence Sensitive [Johnson & Johnson]
- Toothpaste: Oral B Pro-Expert All Round Protection Paste [Procter & Gamble]
- Electric Toothbrush: Oral-B Professional Care 600 White & Clean [Procter & Gamble]
- Laundry Additive: Lenor Fabric Conditioner [Procter & Gamble]
- Laundry Whitening & Stain Removal: Ariel Stain Remover Whitener [Procter & Gamble]
- Laundry Detergent: Persil Small & Mighty [Unilever]
- Cat Pet Food: GO-CAT Crunchy & Tender [Nestlé Purina PetCare]
- Dog Pet Food: Purina PRO PLAN Duo Délice [Nestlé Purina PetCare]
- Moisturiser: Nivea In-Shower Body Moisturiser [Beiersdorf UK Ltd]
- Shampoo & Hair Treatment: Head & Shoulders Leave on Treatment [Procter & Gamble]
- General Healthcare: Nytol Anti-Snoring [Omega Pharma Ltd]
- Slimming Product: XLS Medical Fat Binder [Omega Pharma Ltd]
- Nappy: Pampers Active Fit Nappies [Procter & Gamble]
- Baby Care: Tesco Loves Baby Laundry range Non-Biological [Tesco Stores Limited]
- Household Boiler: Logic+ Boiler [Ideal Heating]
- Steam Mop: H20 Mop x5 Steam Clean System [Thane Direct UK]
- Dishwasher: Fairy Clean & Fresh Dishwasher Tablets [Procter & Gamble]
- Household Cleaning: Flash Concentrated Liquid-Gel [Procter & Gamble]
- General Household: Cerecraft Pans [JML Group]
- Hosiery: M&S Essential Opaque Tights [Marks & Spencer]
- Socks: M&S Essential Trainer Liner™ Socks [Marks & Spencer]
- Stationary: Bic® Crystal® Stylus [BIC]
Mel C & Matt Cardle sang a very lovely duet.Matt Cardle
I had a great time, really enjoyed the company of the lovely Product of the Year PRs, and also my fellow blogging friends Penny from Being Mrs C, Claire from Being a Mummy and Monica from Londonmums. I also had a chat with one of the winners, the best Household Boiler: Logic+ Boiler [Ideal Heating], so don’t forget to check out what they have on offer! It was a fabulous night, and hopefully I will be invited to be part of the jury next year again.
Keep your eyes on my blog in the next few days, I will be giving away 3 hampers full of all the products that won the awards, and the value is over £180!